Development Manager (Temporary) - BioWare
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
We are looking for a Development Director to help out with our next Dragon Age game!
What the Development Director will do at BioWare:
You will provide project management for a variety of development teams.
• You will lead diverse teams to achieve functionality, modules, or specific components of a game.
• You will coordinate Agile teams to meet their sprint'/release goals, organize resources in planning, tracking, and reporting on the work.
• You will work with the Leads, Producers, and other Development Directors to establish and communicate project goals, goals, plans, and milestones to the project team.
• You will work with our partners to manage trade-offs between scope, resources, and time during the project lifecycle.
• You will identify and analyze project risks; develop mitigation plans for them.
• You will create status reports, project plans, communications plans, and sprint retrospectives.
• Work with other DDs to identify opportunities for process improvements to make sure we are delivering high-quality content as effectively as possible.
• You will report to the Director of Product Development.
• 2+ years' experience in project management and team management
• Knowledge of the use of project management tools and development practices; knowledge of JIRA
• 2+ years of experience working in a creative environment; game industry experience ideal
• A University degree (Bachelors) or equivalent in the related field
• 2+ years of experience with Agile and Kanban frameworks.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.