Development Director (Quality Engineering) - Bioware
Role: Development Director – Arows Engineering
Step into the world of Quality Engineering at EAV, where our group has one vision: enable predictable development by driving quality 'by design' into our tools and automation. This means we produce clean code, robust and reliable tools, and creative new processes that push our engineering teams and our game teams to new heights.
A Development Director collaborates with our technical director and product manager to manage a cross-discipline team of software engineers and QA specialists. DD's are the keepers of team processes and project schedules and play a vital role in leading the engineering team to successful product deliveries to our technology adopters across EA while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration and communication.
As a Supervising Development Director, you will also manage a team of DDs reporting to you working on specific projects. You will collaborate directly with the Group Technical Director and Senior QV Managers on game title teams to ensure a seamless process working as #oneteam.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you need to be great at:
• Build and evolve effective teams; identify resourcing needs, provide challenging and development opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that influence the successful completion of the project.
• Provide line management to employees across disciplines within the team, including Development Directors.
• Maintain regular communication with project teams and coordinate dependencies with external partners.
• Drive for continuous improvement in team processes.
• Lead the hiring process to ensure qualified candidates are available to meet project requirements.
• Facilitate Scaled Agile Framework, Scrum, and Kanban processes, ensuring the processes are understood and followed by team members.
• Proactively assess and mitigates risk for assigned scope.
• Partner with game team technical and business leaders to understand priorities and business risks.
• Participate in stakeholder calls to ensure stakeholder expectations are met.
• Lead quarterly planning and roadmap exercises for the assigned domain.
• Ensure clarity and alignment on project scope and timelines.
• Identify and communicates project risks and builds mitigation plans to address them.
• Facilitate project changes and ensures alignment and common understanding of the impact of the change.
• Responsible for managing the team's budgets.
• 8+ years project management or team leadership experience in an agile environment.
• Technical background in software development is a strong asset.
• University degree Bachelor's or equivalent professional experience.
• Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
• Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r70968-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.