Consumer Insights Manager for BioWare and Star Wars
At EA, we strive to inspire the world to play. On Consumer Insights, we are looking for a manager who will inspire researchers to reach their full potential and drive impactful work across our business.
Consumer Insights is constantly in pursuit of understanding our players - their motivations for playing games and how their behaviors change alongside the ever-changing gaming market. This role within CI will lead research for our studios, brands, and the games they create. You'll partner closely with our studios, brand and marketing teams, as well as fellow researchers and analysts in North America and Europe. We are looking for a researcher who is not just a thought-leader, but a relationship-builder who can collaborate and understand our partners' context to create research roadmaps and deliver critical insights that will have real impact on our games, live services, and communications.
We're looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our team members and our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
The CI Manager for BioWare and Star Wars will work with...
• Our Consumer Insights team - a close-knit team of 20+ insights professionals focused on improving our games throughout development, marketing, and live service.
• Other members across Analytics and Research - we work together to develop a cross-functional 'voice of the player' that leverages other areas of expertise (e.g. data science, telemetry analytics, user experience, social listening).
• EA's studios and brandleadership - we partner closely with decision-makers and thought-leaders across development, marketing, publishing, and brand to inform strategies from greenlight to launch and throughout live services.
In a typical week, this person could be…
• Out in the field (live or virtually), talking with players about their gaming experiences and interests, which will guide the game team towards experiences they should build
• Analyzing data, and building a story that guides product and marketing in their decision-making
• Designing insights projects that guide new feature development, using traditional or innovative techniques that are qualitative or quantitative in nature
• Consulting with our stakeholders and partners to workshop strategy and features, the essence of your studios' brands and target players, driving knowledge that identifies your games' place in our EA portfolio
If you're interested in this role, you'll need these skills or experiences:
• Scrappy. You're comfortable with a fast-paced, sprint-driven product cycles
• Influential. You're accustomed to collaborating with and influencing a cross-functional audience
• Strategic. You have a track record of connecting the dots for your stakeholders
• Creative. You've leveraged or designed non-traditional methodologies when the status quo wasn't enough
• Insights Expertise. You're experienced across various research techniques and methodologies
• 5+ years of experience working in or with any of these:
• Interactive entertainment industry (e.g. video gaming, gaming/entertainment platforms)
• Consumer-facing digital technology industry (e.g. apps, platforms)
• Linear creative entertainment (e.g. film, television)
• If you have experience on the agency/consulting side, that's a bonus
• Ability to travel internationally
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r72xo6-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.