Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is currently working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
Senior Systems Designer
'Dragon Age: Dreadwolf' is the new title in the long-running Dragon Age franchise, and we are looking for a Senior Systems Designer with a strong background in economy and progression design to join the team.
Reporting to the Lead Systems Designer and Game Systems Director, you will be shaping the progression and economy of a modern RPG with BioWare's signature player autonomy and customization, supporting the studio's other projects in the long-term.
Remote and work-from-home options are available for this position.
A Note on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
BioWare and the Dragon Age project are committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion across our teams and in the products we ship. We expect our team to:
• Reflect the diversity of identities and experiences we see in the world.
• Faithfully and respectfully represent that diversity in the games we create.
• Place utmost importance on creating a safe, equitable environment where everyone can thrive as their authentic selves.
Candidates from historically under-represented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
• Ownership of the game economy and progression models for 'Dragon Age: Dreadwolf', taking the game from here to release.
• Working with Lead Game Systems Designer and Game Systems Director to deliver on the vision for a modern AAA RPG in the Dragon Age universe.
• Work closely with partners in User Experience Research to gather and react to feedback coming from internal and external playtesting of the game.
• Guide the creation and evolution of detailed progression models for the game, in collaboration with cross-functional teams to integrate your designs.
• Break down and present complex models in digestible formats that give different disciplines the information they need to execute their work.
• Develop a plan for collecting player telemetry to evaluate the player experience.
• Participate in knowledge sharing sessions, and mentor junior designers to develop a broader understanding of economy modeling techniques across the Design team.
• Support the Design team in completing more general milestone work.
• At least 4 years of progression/economy experience on at least 1 shipped title.
• Additional experience as a Game Systems or Gameplay designer in an intermediate or senior role.
• Console experience is not required, but a background containing a range of platforms and service models is a bonus.
• An understanding of player motivations, intrinsic challenge & extrinsic rewards as they relate to different game genres.
• Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb8j7o-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.