BioWare Austin is looking for a Concept Artist to create compelling art that captures the mood and style to join our Star Wars: The Old Republic team. You'll create game worlds, characters, objects, vehicles, furniture, clothing, and other content.
Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and we work with thousands of outstanding developers across EA's network of studios.
We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Concept Artist will do at BioWare:
• You will work with the art director, character artists, and environment artists to create a cast of believable characters and immersive game environments
• You will create several additional concepts including creature design, hard surface props, and vehicles
• You will design original concepts that fit within the project style guide
• You will translate high-level ideas into production-ready art packets
• You will maintain art while providing a variety of ideas
• You will provide in-depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas
• You will create lighting schemes and color palettes that capture the tone of the world
• You will create storyboards and dynamic keyframes that illustrate the story and gameplay
• You will create photorealistic work
• You will report to the Art Director
Who You Are (Qualifications):
• 5+ years of concept artist experience, including at least 5 years in the gaming industry
• Shipped video game titles
• Create concepts from scratch and create color studies
• Environment and component ideation and design
• Traditional illustration skills in multiple media and excellent drawing skills, matte painting experience
• Experience with 3D software such as ZBrush
• Fundamental skills including good use of line, light, shadow, and color
• Experience with storytelling and concept development
• Value working with specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director, and mentor other concept artists.
• Diploma in art or design-related discipline, or equivalent training and professional experience
• English is the required language of work
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.