Cinematic Designer (Temporary) - BioWare
Cinematic Designer (Temporary)
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story.
Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is searching for a Cinematic Designer to create interactive cinematic conversations that translate scripted scenes into engaging player experiences.
You will work with our narrative team to ensure cinematics are presented in compelling and immersive ways.
You will autonomously create cinematics from block-out to polish within our interactive narrative systems, all with an eye for composition, pacing, staging, animation, and body language.
• You will script engaging interactive in-game conversations and cinematic moments.
• You will work within an existing animation library to create compelling action and emotionally motivated moments between characters.
• You will uphold established cinematic standards across the game and broader IP to maintain a design language.
• You will manage the scope and budget of assigned tasks to meet project deadlines without jeopardizing the player's experience.
• You will participate in reviews, stand-ups, playtests, and work across departments.
• You will report to the Cinematic Supervisor.
• • 3+ years of professional game design experience, or equivalent industry experience as a layout/previsualization artist.
• One or more shipped titles in a Cinematic, Animation, or Narrative Design capacity.
• Familiarity with one or more game engine cinematic tools.
• Experience with cinematic language, frame composition, pacing, tone, and narrative structure.
• Work collaboratively, receive feedback, and constructively critique peers.
• The ability to liaison between writers, artists, designers.
• Familiarity with branching dialogue and RPG interaction mechanics.
• Passion for BioWare games, story-driven RPGs, and pen & paper games.
• A reel of cinematic work from past projects. Shipped game titles.
• Examples of cinematics built with a game engine or comparable tool.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reknb8-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.