Associate Technical Director (Engine)
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools and work with thousands of outstanding developers across EA's network of studios.
What the Lead Engine Programmer will do at BioWare:
You will report to the Technical Director and will work with other project partners to develop BioWare's technology strategy necessary to amaze our players with industry-leading experiences.
Who You Are:
You are collaborative with experience developing engine technology for AAA video games. You succeed at delivering new solutions to complex problems. You enjoy analysis that informs a technical strategy, minimizes risks and secures the studios goals. You want to help us build the best games in the industry.
• Collaboratively develop technology strategy for narrative-driven action RPG's.
• Design important differentiating features, pipelines, and tools.
• Decide Goals, risk mitigations, and mature development practices to secure our goals.
• Work with Our Technology Partners to use and extend engine systems.
• Full cycle AAA game development and experience with modern game engines (Unreal experience )
• Experience planning, and hardening systems for AAA PC and console games.
• Experience maintaining content creator workflows that emphasize ease of iteration.
• 5+ years of professional C++ experience and a solid understanding of software design principles.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that appreciates creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejqe5-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.