- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Freelance Video Producer/Editor - Big Ten Network, University of Minnesota
The Big Ten Network is seeking a BTN On Campus – Video Producer/Editor at University of Minnesota. The BTN On Campus – Video Producer/Editor will support the ideation, development, and implementation of Minnesota Athletics multi-platform content, with a focus on digital and social opportunities. This is a freelance position (July-April) offering up to 40 hours per week. This position will report to BTN's Manager, Digital and will be based in Minneapolois, Minnesota.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead BTN in the creative development, production, and delivery of Minnesota Athletics content for multi-platform BTN channels (digital, social, broadcast)
• Ensure the selection of content/highlights is consistent with BTN/Minnesota viewer trends to drive consumption with the Minnesota audience while applying sound editorial judgment
• Perform pre-and post-production digital video editing optimized for social media sharing
• Organize and evaluate content for assigned programs; determine the agenda and tone of the segment
• Coordinate with Manager, Digital and Content Coordinators to shape content and copy into video segments for digital and social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok)
• Shoot, edit, and produce long-form storytelling content for On The Mat (wrestling), At The Net (volleyball), and On The Court (women's basketball) series that are distributed on digital, social, and linear platforms
• Manage the production of real time reactions to breaking Minnesota Athletics news and live coverage of Minnesota sporting events
• Act as digital advocate in coordination with the Minnesota Athletics Department to ensure seamless BTN integration
• Ability to execute duties of field producer on ENG shoots
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1-2 years of experience producing custom digital content
• Strong knowledge of digital video production related techniques and online content management systems
• Established ability to create and produce compelling stories; generate and execute ideas, from concept to execution
• Proficiency with technology platforms and graphic design software packages (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, 3D Software)
• Organized, detail oriented, proactive, and a team player
• Demonstrated ability to meet strategic deadlines in a dynamic environment
• Be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Possesses a deep knowledge of Minnesota Athletics and pop culture
• Familiarity with Big Ten Network's programming, talent, and brand initiatives
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis on digital media production or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated production/editing experience with intercollegiate athletics programs or professional sports teams
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn50om-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.
Big Ten Network
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes.