Overview and Responsibilities
The Social Media VP has four principal responsibilities that include developing and executing a growth strategy for all social media platforms. Identifying and employing innovative social tools and tactics to increase community engagement. Working closely with the editorial and originals teams to develop creative social-first content that improves brand reach; and (4) working with sales and marketing teams to support BET's primary brand goals including major tentpoles and revenue-generating initiatives.
• Create BET's overall social media strategy across all platforms. The ideal candidate will one BET's voice across social media so that it is consistent and reflects our editorial vision and content. Develop and execute organic social marketing strategies for new and returning series, tentpole events, franchise launches and pro-social initiatives. You would lead all aspects of editorial calendar and publishing across all BET social platforms!
• Align and plan strategically with internal partners, including consumer marketing, franchise planning, and coordinated marketing/sales.
• Interpret and analyze all available data and make strategic and tactical recommendations based on those insights.
• Form strategic partnerships with established and emerging social platforms.
• Stay up to date on and pursue partnerships with the latest analytics tools, vendors and social agencies that will best move our business forward.
• Build social media guidelines that outline that voice as well as defines how we use each individual platform.
• Stay informed about standard methodologies for social media, and changes in platforms' algorithms, tools, and policies.
• Work with the editorial team to build original social-first content, including gifs, memes, and other branding-related tools.
• Participate in editorial meetings and editorial and sales/marketing projects.
• Track success through engagement rates, growth statistics, reader responses and other metrics.
• 10 plus years experience in social media
• Prior experience developing teams consisting of at least 5 members!
• You possess proficiency in major social platforms' standard methodologies, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tik Tok, working knowledge of secondary platforms (Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitch, etc.) and a keen eye for emerging platforms and trends.
• Experience collaborating with sales and coordinated marketing departments and working on social campaigns of all types: organic, paid, influencers, and content marketing.
• Experience briefing and running workflow with outside agencies, plus possessing a robust database of the best social agencies.
• Deep understanding of all mainstream and some emerging social channels.
• Experience building creative social native content
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Excellent time-management and planning skills.
• Strong knowledge of data analytics and other programs that support social content.
• A shown affinity for the BET brand and the issues and people that impact the African American community.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rooe83-3-235-139-152-42 in your application.