Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionBET Networks, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
Overview and Responsibilities:
BET Networks seeks an executive assistant to join the Original Programming Production Team based in Los Angeles, CA. This candidate will report to the SVP of Production and the VP of Scripted Production. They will be working in all aspects of production for series and pilot productions including locations, production planning, crew staffing, scheduling, budgeting, production, and post-production in addition to supporting the day-to-day operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited:
• Manage and maintain daily calendars and high volume of correspondence as well as coordinate and schedule meetings and lunches for SVP
• Work closely with colleagues within the network to manage each project efficiently from pre-production through the show launch
• Act as liaison between SVP and executives on production as well as executives from various departments within BET
• Prepare travel/expense reports in Concur, book travel and prepare detailed travel memos/itineraries, and sometimes aid at various BET events/productions
• Onboard new hires and set up their account profiles and email in LA and NY
• Strong organizational and communication skills with a keen attention to detail which will ensure the production process runs smoothly and efficiently.
• A high integrity level and a passion for, and caring about, the quality of programming that airs on the network.
• A high energy level and the ability to manage through a period of change and growth.
• Strong organizational, prioritization and multitasking abilities
• Flexibility and the ability to perform effectively under stress and meet deadlines.
• Be a self-starter and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team player
• Able to build and maintain relationships
• Extremely goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize.
• Excellent communications and relationship skills.
• Background in entertainment, media, production, or high-volume office experience
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6xon-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.
BET Networks is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa.