BET Networks, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
Provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President Marketing and Vice President Executive for BET Networks. This role requires a candidate who is very detail-orientated and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Able to anticipate needs and handle the set-up and follow-thru of a busy meeting schedule with high-level execs. Must be an excellent communicator and effective administrator with desire to help others. The Assistant will develop and maintain relationships with key internal/external assistants along with executives and vendors.
• Maintains Executives day-to-day calendar requiring ongoing upkeep. This includes, scheduling meetings and events, managing daily access and availability, and noting all event and reminder follow-ups.
• Handle all international & domestic travel arrangements including flights, hotels, car service, etc. and generates travel itinerary.
• Maintains meeting requests and pro-actively proposes and confirms available dates/times for review.
• Prepares emails, Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents in a timely manner.
• Maintains and submits department T&E reports according to Company policies.
• Primary liaison to marketing team to gather assets needed for Executive Presentations.
• Maintains and distributes department contact information and admin guidelines regularly.
• Required to take notes during meetings and follow up with action point reminders.
• Will be given daily/weekly administrative tasks on an ongoing basis.
• Orders supplies and assists with projects as needed.
• Superb MS Outlook (calendar/email), Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet skills
• Demonstrate experience working closely with execs on calendar coordination & daily activities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment with changing priorities while maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality
• Detailed follow thru skills are critical to the position. Handling all assignments from start to completion, providing ongoing status updates for executive's and one's own To Do lists
• Entertainment or Media-Related Industry experience preferred
• Great teammate with a positive ''can-do'' mentality, who exhibits a deep passion for supporting executive leaders and senior management
• Proactive contributor who can work both independently and collaboratively to balance multiple priorities at a time
• A strong communicator who is forward thinking and proactively anticipates needs
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface and collaborate with senior management, staff, other administrators, and external parties
• Organized and meticulous with the ability to prioritize work daily and proactively manage time effectively
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2y1by-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.