Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner, Baseball Operations
Department: Human Resources, Baseball Operations
Reports To: SVP, Chief People Officer
FLSA: Salary, Non-Exempt
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for coordinating with our Baseball Operations department for all hiring, player benefits, and performance management needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Talent acquisition including industry networking events, interviewing, screening and responding to email requests
• Serve as liaison with payroll department on questions from players and baseball ops staff
• Work with affiliates to ensure all regulatory notices and posters are maintained.
• Administer the Highmark BCBS enrollment, inquiries and COBRA process for Minor League players and on-field personnel.
• Manage the Major League Insurance enrollment process for all players on the 40-man roster.
• Manage the Baseball Operations hiring process which consists of generating job descriptions; posting full time, seasonal and intern opportunities; finalizing the conditional offer; and onboarding the new hire.
• Manage the intern hiring process and onboarding.
• Maintain Baseball Operations organizational charts and update accordingly.
• Maintaining baseball operations staff information in EBIS (non-player)
• Coordinate the performance development process for all Baseball Operations and on-field employees.
• Advise employee and management personnel on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs, and procedures. Ensure that programs are carried out with the organization's best interests in mind and policies and procedures are likewise applied.
• Carry out administrative work involving the HR functions and maintain related records to ensure compliance as required with federal and state employment laws and regulations.
• Offboarding: Working with IT to remove former staff member from platforms such as Slack, EBIS, Concur and Outlook
• Travel based upon business needs.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• A minimum of two years of applicable experience in a HR generalist function.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bilingual (Spanish & English) written & verbal communication capabilities preferred.
• Understanding of state and federal employment laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, ADA, EEO and FLSA).
• Understanding of, and some experience with, most or all the core aspects of Human Resource Management including recruiting/staffing, performance management and workers compensation.
• Perform multiple tasks simultaneously and process work with accuracy.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. ADP experience a plus.
• Have a high level of interpersonal skill and ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Strong attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, data entry, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management staff and employees.
• Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
• Adhere to Baltimore Orioles Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet Department productivity standards.
• Evening and/or weekend work will occasionally be required
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran's status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rovb12-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.