Bally Sports Detroit is seeking an Account Executive in the Southeastern Michigan Region. This position is responsible for Local ad sales, which are primarily in the telecast of Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Pistons and Detroit Tigers, as well as ancillary products pertaining to the Detroit Lions. This position is also responsible for selling Digital Streaming and Compulse OTT products and services. The job requires new business development, growing and maintain revenue from existing clients, while meeting revenue budget expectations. Duties include researching businesses as potential clients, identifying decision makers on the accounts, developing strategic solutions that fulfill potential client's needs. AE will call on account decision makers (either in person or virtual) to present the benefits developed of Bally Sports Detroit; Ae is also responsible for monitoring sold schedules/season sponsorships to ensure they run correctly and entertaining such client at pro sports games.
• Prospects and develops working relationships in the ad buying community
• Utilizes integration concepts to develop regional sports marketing programs and create and deliver compelling presentations
• Maintains existing relationships through stewardship of accounts, entertaining, presentations and overseeing pre-emptions and make-goods
• Remain current on industry trends and regional positioning and a student of the industry
• Works with other salespeople and managers to raise knowledge level
• Creates and develops Digital Advertising opportunities on a regional basis with streaming and Compulse/OTT platform
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in outside sales is required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary, including superior listening skills and the ability to make effective presentations both on one-on-one and in a group setting, both in-person and virtually
• Basic math skills are required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships is required
• Solid organizational and project management skills are necessary
• Ability to multitask and work effectively in a high-pressure environment is necessary
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred
• Strong overall knowledge of the media industry is preferred
• Media sales experience preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx6m71-3-93-74-25-42 in your application.