Full Time Job
Associate Digital Content Manager
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionBally Sports Midwest seeks a talented journalist or content creator to publish content for Bally Sports Midwest, Bally Sports Kansas City and Bally Sports Indiana digital platforms. This full-time position requires an understanding of best practices for websites, mobile and social media platforms. The Associate Digital Content Manager must grasp our online voice, audience and objectives and will be trusted to make sound editorial decisions with little oversight. The ADCM also must have a working knowledge of all teams covered in these three regions, particularly broadcast partners (St. Louis Cardinals, St. Louis Blues, Kansas City Royals, Indiana Pacers), but also other pro and top college teams in the regions. The ADCM will be asked to write as needed.
This position is partially work from home with night and weekend work the norm, as dictated by sporting events.
• Monitor linear broadcasts and post interviews, features, game highlights and screen grabs to social media and the web.
• Write creative social media text that engages our audience.
• Update our digital platforms with relevant and timely graphics, news stories, engaging headlines, photos, videos and related content.
• React to breaking news while balancing speed with a commitment to accuracy.
• Exercise strong news judgment and support our platforms' mission and voice.
• Use a content management system to write and edit stories, manage and store photos and videos, and publish content to digital platforms.
• Ensure grammatical accuracy and conformance with company and AP style.
• Write accurate, insightful stories along with compelling headlines and captions.
• Use video editing software to produce original videos and package footage provided by team partners and linear production staff for use on digital platforms.
• Publish sponsored social media posts, as needed.
• Collaborate with Digital Content Manager and freelance staff to help grow our digital audience both locally and nationally.
• Ideate and advocate for new site features and functionality.
Attributes - The right person for this role will:
• Exhibit sound news judgment, critical thinking ability and an understanding of what local sports fans want.
• Be able to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining an attention to detail.
• Be a self-starter with the discipline to work alone and complete all assigned tasks while requiring minimal oversight.
• Be willing to work a flexible schedule that at times includes day, evening, weekend and holiday work as dictated by sporting events and the digital news cycle.
• Be organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask under pressure.
• Be receptive to regular constructive feedback.
• Display creativity and enterprise.
• Exhibit a team-first attitude.
• Have strong collaboration and cross-functional communication skills.
• Combine a pioneering spirit with a passionate desire to contribute to departmental strategy while building a next-generation sports digital media business.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
• At least one year of online editorial production experience.
• General knowledge of pro and college sports, particularly teams in St. Louis, Kansas City, Indianapolis and surrounding areas.
• Demonstrated proficiency with social media tools and platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Demonstrable experience and aptitude for content creation and web publishing tools including:
• Content management systems
• Photo editing software (Photoshop, etc.)
• Video editing software (Premiere Pro, Final Cut X, Avid, etc.)
• Demonstrable experience writing, copy editing, prepping and publishing content for the web.
• Strong editorial news judgment.
• Understanding of social media and web concepts and how to engage a digital audience.
• Thorough knowledge of digital media best practices, including SEO and content sharing.
• Effective cross-functional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Writing skills and working knowledge of Associated Press style a plus.
• Ability to conduct interviews, shoot broadcast-quality video and produce original video features is a plus.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reb372-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.