The KNX 1070 Newsradio Traffic team is looking for a dynamic and talented professional to work as a traffic anchor/reporter. The right candidate will have an energetic, urgent delivery with an understanding of Southern California's unique traffic patterns and alternate routes. This person will know how to gather, write and select traffic stories to run in reports, over air, on line, and on social media platforms. Supervise all traffic operations assets in the production, writing, and presentation of traffic reports and digital content. It's LA, must be ready for anything traffic related including breaking news affecting traffic.
What you'll do:
• Anchoring traffic reports on Audacy stations to air on broadcast and digital platforms
• Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering traffic reports as outlined by Audacy Inc.
• Monitoring of Traffic gathering data assets (i.e. Traffic camera imagery, scanner listening, etc.)
• Post, edit & manage Traffic information to Audacy Social media accounts i.e. Twitter
• Providing live reads of traffic sponsors within designated reports by the company including logging commercials and discrepancies
• Making station appearances as required
• Other duties as required by management
• Position offers AFTRA Benefits and applicant must be willing to join SAG AFTRA
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required
• Knowledge of Los Angeles area Traffic geography
• Minimum 2 year traffic or news reporting for broadcast media
• Must be computer literate, have excellent writing and presentation skills
• Must be helpful in traffic gathering operation.
• Knowledge of the broadcast area geography and transportation systems is essential
• 4 year degree preferred
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
What you'll do:
- Anchoring traffic reports on Audacy stations to air on broadcast and digital platforms
- Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering traffic reports as outlined by Audacy Inc.
- Monitoring of Traffic gathering data assets (i.e. Traffic camera imagery, scanner listening, etc.)
- Post, edit & manage Traffic information to Audacy Social media accounts i.e. Twitter
- Providing live reads of traffic sponsors within designated reports by the company including logging commercials and discrepancies
- Making station appearances as required
- Other duties as required by management
- Position offers AFTRA Benefits and applicant must be willing to join SAG AFTRA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9860m-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.