Are you a sports news fanatic with your finger on the pulse of trending digital content?
Audacy and WWL Radio are looking for a highly motivated, creative, and detail-oriented Digital Sports Content Producer who has the knowhow and drive to grow an audience online via multiple platforms. You live and breathe Saints, LSU, and Pelicans, and know how to identify the best moments, viral video, and news to drive social engagement, mobile traffic and video views. You can work alongside a diverse team, know best practices for posting on social media, and can market content for a digital and national audience.
The ideal candidate can ignite conversations in everything from traditional sports to the intersection of sports and culture. You have a sharp instinct of what both passionate and more casual fans will engage with, balanced with a commitment to content analytics. You thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment, and are on top of all of the latest sports news, including identifying social/Google trends and breaking news stories.
You will serve as New Orleans/ WWL Content Producer, reporting directly to the Managing Editor of WWL.com, with a dotted line to Audacy's Southeast Sports Regional Lead, as the second point of contact for all station sites in the region.
Must have strong experience and expertise in covering the Saints in a competitive digital environment, independently identifying the angles that will hit big with a passionate football audience.
You will communicate daily on real-time news coverage to create content for the Gulf South's Sports Powerhouse station, WWL FM-AM & WWL.COM, participate in regular group meetings to plan organized event strategies, fill gaps in news coverage, develop learnings from content performance data, double-down on successful content ideas, brainstorm new series concepts, and more--driving WWL toward its monthly goals.
Key Primary Duties Also Include:
• Produce, publish and distribute both original and syndicated articles, stories across site platform, using best practices in video, SEO, and social sharing
• Write in a style that is appealing for specific audiences (die-hard vs. casual sports news)
• Extensive knowledge of the sports and sports-culture landscape required, as well as broader knowledge of Louisiana High School Sports, Louisiana State University Athletics, New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans
• Create content that drives audience growth and engagement for WWL.COM
• Understand reporting systems like Google Analytics and how to use data to drive audience growth
• Identifying news making moments from radio shows and podcasts and transforming them into articles for digital consumption
• Pitching exclusive, news-making content to the national content team for press distribution and digital syndication
• Be an effective communicator with strong versatility/adaptability to quickly pivot toward areas of opportunity
• Bachelor's Degree is required
• A minimum of 2-3 years of digital content creation experience (minimum of one year involving a New Orleans Saints focus)
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (sports news doesn't stop at 5 PM)
• Experience writing all sports content, ranging from straight news to passionate opinion and topical/evergreen lists
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to tell engaging stories to engage local and national audiences
• Strong self-editing skills with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and design layout
• Proven ability to grow social media reach/engagement
• Ability to post an engaging headline, article text and video with instant turn-around
• You understand key digital media KPIs (MAUs, ComScore) and have produced results in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to own the news cycle to make judgments and react instantaneously and independently to key breaking/viral opportunities
• Deep-rooted knowledge of a variety of popular sports, with a focus on football, basketball, baseball and PGA
• Audio/video editing experience is a plus
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Photoshop experience is preferred, but not required
• Basic MS Office skills are required. Other systems you should have working knowledge of include: Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Slack, Dataminr, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
Administrative Support Workers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5ne3-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.