Audacy Atlanta is currently seeking Part-time Reporter to join its News and Traffic Division.
What You'll Do:
• Producing and recording news segments.
• Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
• Interviewing news makers.
• Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
• Development and research of potential news stories.
• Protecting the station's FCC license.
• Making station appearances as required.
• Working with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored news packages.
• Posting stories to station websites.
• Other duties as required by management.
Minimum of 3+ years anchoring or reporting news for broadcast media. Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills. Position requires proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews. Position requires valid state driver's license and required insurance. Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential; 4 year degree in journalism preferred. We are looking for talent that can work various shifts to include, nights/weekends, holidays, and cover for full-time staff as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Position requires operation of a motor vehicle and the ability to speak clearly.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
What You'll Do:
- Producing and recording news segments.
- Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
- Interviewing news makers.
- Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
- Development and research of potential news stories.
- Protecting the station's FCC license.
- Making station appearances as required.
- Working with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored news packages.
- Posting stories to station websites.
- Other duties as required by management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm19k3-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.