REPORTER - KCBS-AM NEWSROOM PT
Audacy's KCBS All News Radio, The Bay Area's number one news station, is looking for an intrepid and tech-savvy broadcast journalist with a positive attitude and impressive work ethic to join an elite news radio team. You must be a great writer, have a compelling on air delivery, be a proficient news gatherer - using a variety of sources - and be comfortable with audio and video editing equipment and programs. You will be expected to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced Newsroom or field environment. We are seeking a broadcast journalist who collaborates with editors and producers and pitches story and interview ideas. You will be expected to actively participate on various social media channels and contribute content to the station website (KCBSradio.com).
What You'll Do:
• Report from the field or Newsroom over the course of multiple hours on KCBS
• Conceptualize, pitch, produce and record news segments
• Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs
• Interview news makers
• Write scripts and ad-lib material for stories
• Use social media - including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - during the course of your shift to connect with listeners, promote upcoming stories and interviews, and to highlight station content
• Contribute content - including but not limited to audio, video and written format - to KCBSradio.com
• Develop and research potential news stories
• Protect the station's FCC license
• Other duties as required by management
Required & Preferred:
• You must be dependable, self-motivated and agreeable to a flexible work schedule, which may include evenings, overnights and/or weekends
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, and candidates must be able to take a detail oriented approach to work while meeting tight deadlines
• Experience in the San Francisco market is a plus
• Anchoring experience is a plus, but not required
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
What You'll Do:
- Report from the field or Newsroom over the course of multiple hours on KCBS
- Conceptualize, pitch, produce and record news segments
- Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs
- Interview news makers
- Write scripts and ad-lib material for stories
- Use social media - including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - during the course of your shift to connect with listeners, promote upcoming stories and interviews, and to highlight station content
- Contribute content - including but not limited to audio, video and written format - to KCBSradio.com
- Develop and research potential news stories
- Protect the station's FCC license
- Other duties as required by management
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roeb44-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.