News Writer / Editor
Los Angeles, CA
Audacy LA is looking for a Full Time News Writer / Editor!
What You'll Do:
• Edit and produce newscasts
• Manage a near-continuous flow of information by writing and updating scripts, pursuing stories by phone, and assigning reporters
• Digital audio editing
• Supervise and manage writers, reporters, and anchors and offer clear direction to all
• Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
• Research and line up compelling interviews
• Related newsroom duties as necessary
Required and Preferred:
• The right person for the job is an aggressive, energetic, enthusiastic, and creative team player and self-starter.
• Must have the desire and ability to write quickly, clearly, concisely, creatively, and with an edge.
• Must be able to write and edit compelling news stories under extreme deadline pressure.
• Must work well with others and interact well with the public.
• Prior major-market news writing and producing experience required. Strong multi-tasking skills required.
• Strong computer skills required. Familiarity with Los Angeles area including politics, geography, lifestyle, etc. preferred.
• Must be available to work all hours, overnights, and weekends and be amenable to changes in work shift.
• Required to join the Writers Guild of America.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required. NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
What You'll Do:
- Edit and produce newscasts
- Manage a near-continuous flow of information by writing and updating scripts, pursuing stories by phone, and assigning reporters
- Digital audio editing
- Supervise and manage writers, reporters, and anchors and offer clear direction to all
- Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
- Research and line up compelling interviews
- Related newsroom duties as necessary
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk715-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.