Knx News Anchor
Los Angeles, CA
KNX in Los Angeles has an immediate need for a Full Time New Writer / Editor to join our team!
What You'll Do:
• Edit and produce newscasts
• Manage a near-continuous flow of information by writing and updating scripts, pursuing stories by phone, and assigning reporters
• Digital audio editing
• Supervise and manage writers, reporters, and anchors and offer clear direction to all
• Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
• Research and line up compelling interviews
• Related newsroom duties as necessary
More About You:
• The right person for the job is an aggressive, energetic, enthusiastic, and creative team player and self-starter.
• Must have the desire and ability to write quickly, clearly, concisely, creatively, and with an edge.
• Must be able to write and edit compelling news stories under extreme deadline pressure.
• Must work well with others and interact well with the public.
• Prior major-market news writing and producing experience required.
• Strong multi-tasking skills required.
• Strong computer skills required.
• Familiarity with Los Angeles area including politics, geography, lifestyle, etc. preferred.
• Must be available to work all hours, overnights, and weekends and be amenable to changes in work shift.
• Required to join the Writers Guild of America.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
What You'll Do:
- Edit and produce newscasts
- Manage a near-continuous flow of information by writing and updating scripts, pursuing stories by phone, and assigning reporters
- Digital audio editing
- Supervise and manage writers, reporters, and anchors and offer clear direction to all
- Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
- Research and line up compelling interviews
- Related newsroom duties as necessary
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j6o1-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.