Freelance News Reporter (Pipeline Position)
Audacy's KCBS All News Radio, The Bay Area's number one news station, is looking for an intrepid and tech-savvy journalist with a positive attitude and impressive work ethic to join an elite news team.
Please note: This is a pipeline posting. All qualified applicants will be asked to apply to an open job requisition when one becomes available.
What You'll Do:
• Report, from the field or Newsroom, over the course of multiple hours, on various KCBS channels(radio, Audacy app, station website and social media channels)
• Conceptualize, pitch, produce and record news segments
• Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content inclusive of providing live coverage whenbreaking news occurs
• Interview newsmakers
• Write scripts and ad-lib material for stories
• Use social media – including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – during thecourse of your shift to connect with the community, promote upcoming stories and interviews,and to highlight station content
• Contribute content – including but not limited to audio, video and written format – to the Audacy app and the station website, KCBSradio.com
• Develop and research potential news stories
• Protect the station's FCC license
• Other duties as required by management
Required & Preferred:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
• Must be able to take a detail-oriented approach and meet tight deadlines
• Extensive knowledge of the San Francisco market is a plus
• Anchoring experience is a plus, but not required
• Must be a proficient news gatherer, using a variety of sources, and be comfortable with audio and video editing equipment and programs.
• Able to thrive in a fast-pace Newsroom or field environment
• High collaboration efficiency with editors and producers, must be able to pitch stories and interview ideas
• Must have a broadcast journalist background
• Proficient with various content creation tools across multiple social media channels
• Must be willing to work shifts that may include early morning, evening, dayside, weekend, and holidays
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required
The anticipated starting salary range for California based individuals expressing interest in this position is $43.94/hr to $43.94/hr. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
- Report, from the field or Newsroom, over the course of multiple hours, on various KCBS channels
(radio, Audacy app, station website and social media channels)
- Conceptualize, pitch, produce and record news segments
- Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content inclusive of providing live coverage when
breaking news occurs
- Interview newsmakers
- Write scripts and ad-lib material for stories
- Use social media – including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – during the
course of your shift to connect with the community, promote upcoming stories and interviews,
and to highlight station content
- Contribute content – including but not limited to audio, video and written format – to the Audacy app and the station website, KCBSradio.com
- Develop and research potential news stories
- Protect the station's FCC license
- Other duties as required by management
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpqope-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.