News Content Producer (Pipeline Position)
San Francisco's iconic all-news station, KCBS All News Radio 106.9FM & 740AM, is seeking a talented journalist with strong news judgment and news-gathering skills as well as a passion for local news and audio storytelling. This person will join a talented team covering local, national and international news 24/7 on our broadcast platforms (106.9FM, 740AM, mobile and smart speaker streaming). This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now is extending its reach by creating and distributing an array of new digital content.
As a news producer (part time), you must have excellent editorial judgment and a deep understanding of current events, national politics, and local news. KCBS Radio producers must also gather information and create conversational broadcast copy. If you understand that compelling writing, great storytelling, and creative use of sound make for a great news product, we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate will be a passionate news junkie with their finger on the pulse of the Bay Area.
Please note: This is a pipeline posting. All qualified applicants will be asked to apply to an open job requisition when one becomes available.
What You'll Do:
• Produce newscasts (including but not limited to writing, selecting and editing stories for broadcast and managing the flow of news and support materials to writers, production assistants, reporters and news anchors)
• Manage a near-continuous flow of information by writing and updating scripts, pursuing stories by phone, and assisting in story selection for newscasts and reporters
• Audio editing
• Collaborate with colleagues about news coverage
• Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
• Research and line up compelling interviews
• Follow leads, call on breaking stories, conduct off-air interviews with newsmakers and help coordinate news coverage with colleagues
• Related newsroom duties as necessary
Required and Preferred:
• The right person for the job is an aggressive, energetic, enthusiastic, and creative team player and self-starter
• Must have the desire and ability to write quickly, clearly, concisely, creatively, correctly and accurately
• Must be able to write and edit compelling news stories under extreme deadline pressure
• Must work well with others and interact well with the public
• Prior major-market news writing and producing experience required
• Strong multi-tasking skills required
• Strong computer skills required
• Familiarity with the Bay Area is preferred
• Must be available to work all hours, overnights, and weekends and be amenable to changes in work shift
• Have a working knowledge of legal guidelines, FCC rules, etc. and how they apply to your writing, news gathering and producing
• Required to join SAG-AFTRA
The anticipated starting salary range for California based individuals expressing interest in this position is $21.38/Hr to $21.38/Hr. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
- Produce newscasts (including but not limited to writing, selecting and editing stories for broadcast and managing the flow of news and support materials to writers, production assistants, reporters and news anchors)
- Manage a near-continuous flow of information by writing and updating scripts, pursuing stories by phone, and assisting in story selection for newscasts and reporters
- Audio editing
- Collaborate with colleagues about news coverage
- Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
- Research and line up compelling interviews
- Follow leads, call on breaking stories, conduct off-air interviews with newsmakers and help coordinate news coverage with colleagues
- Related newsroom duties as necessary
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3bq4x-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.