Part Time News and Traffic Reporter-Pittsburgh
Audacy Pittsburgh has an opportunity for a Part Time News/Traffic Reporter!
What You'll Do:
• Anchor multi-hour news shift on news-talk station.
• Deliver Traffic Reports for multiple stations
• Produce and recording news segments.
• Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
• Interview News makers.
• Write scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
• Update and utilize station social media platforms
• Develop and research of potential news stories.
• Protecting the station's FCC license.
• Make station appearances as required.
• Other duties as required by management.
Required & Preferred:
• Minimum of 2+ years anchoring or reporting news for broadcast media.
• Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills.
• Position requires proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews.
• Position requires contemporary sound and excellent on-air delivery.
• Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential;
• 4 year degree in journalism preferred.
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, use hands, reach with hands/ arms and manipulate a computer keyboard and ten-key machine. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Job requires a majority of the work day to be spent sitting and typing at computers.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
What You'll Do:
- Anchor multi-hour news shift on news-talk station.
- Deliver Traffic Reports for multiple stations
- Produce and recording news segments.
- Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
- Interview News makers.
- Write scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
- Update and utilize station social media platforms
- Develop and research of potential news stories.
- Protecting the station's FCC license.
- Make station appearances as required.
Other duties as required by management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj89x2-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.