Are you a journalist who thrives in fast-paced breaking news situations? Are you passionate about local stories that have an impact on communities? KYW Newsradio, an agenda-setting multiplatform newsroom in Philadelphia, is seeking an experienced, dynamic, creative journalist to cover breaking news and contribute original, enterprise reporting across all platforms: FM/AM radio, podcasting, KYWNewsradio.com, social media, and the Audacy app.
• Cover general assignment and breaking news on a day-to-day basis with live and recorded on-scene reports
• Write and produce multimedia reports for digital platforms
• Prepare and pitch ideas daily for agenda-setting enterprise news coverage
• Contribute to news series and special projects
• Contribute reporting to daily and limited-series podcasts
• Cultivate relationships with sources and community leaders
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1-2 years of experience in a medium- or large-market multimedia newsroom
• Experience covering breaking news, live and unscripted
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Strong editing, reporting and story development skills
• Ability to evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with Adobe Audition, or similar audio editing programs
• Willingness to experiment and innovate
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
- Cover general assignment and breaking news on a day-to-day basis with live and recorded on-scene reports
- Write and produce multimedia reports for digital platforms
- Prepare and pitch ideas daily for agenda-setting enterprise news coverage
- Contribute to news series and special projects
- Contribute reporting to daily and limited-series podcasts
- Cultivate relationships with sources and community leaders
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8ko3-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.