PT KNX News Anchor
KNX 1070 Newsradio is looking for an experienced part time news anchor who can tell relevant, compelling stories with a credible and empathetic style. Must be able to thrive in a fast paced all-news environment and cover every type of story including breaking news. Must have excellent writing and presentation skills. This person will also be proficient in editing and packaging news, audio and interviews. Our next anchor will also have experience and an understanding of social media and digital news. The ability to expertly ad-lib when the situation warrants is crucial. A working knowledge of Los Angeles and the Southern California region is key. Must have a minimum of 5+ years' experience anchoring or reporting news. A 4 year degree is preferred, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications. Position requires valid state driver's license and required insurance
What You'll Do:
• Anchor multi-hour news shift
• Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
• A conversational, engaging delivery with or without a script
More About You:
Required and Preferred:
• Ability to interpret and simplify complex copy
• Ability to update copy on the fly as news warrants
• Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of subjects/events related to on-air topics/stories
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Ability to plan, organize and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Experience interviewing newsmakers
• Knowledge of proper grammar
• Strong attention to detail
• Understanding how to integrate on air content into all social and digital media platforms
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Ability to work flexible and irregular hours
• Protecting the station's FCC license.
• Other duties as required by management
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and be able to set up event tents. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
What You'll Do:
- Anchor multi-hour news shift
- Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
- A conversational, engaging delivery with or without a script
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o4wv-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.