Known for our outstanding voices across the US, Audacy is the premier provider of local, spoken word, and premium audio content. For technical talent, we have created a team that leverages new toolsets, develops collaboratively with business stakeholders, and is pushing the boundaries of audio every day.
We are looking for an innovative, passionate and results driven Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team to help us build the future of radio and audio together.
You listen to Audacy content all of the time…and may not know how much more incredible audio content we offer including: podcasts, news & sports talk radio, and amazing music stations. As a leader in all-things-audio, Audacy is transforming the listening experience through innovation and interactivity–and you may be just the person to join our team to help us do this.
The Audacy Data Engineering team is looking for the right person to join us. At Audacy, you'll contribute to our growing data warehouse engineering efforts. You'll have a chance to focus in areas you're already skilled and take on new challenges over time.
Our distributed team has a fun and inclusive environment with a commitment to work life balance.
We are engineers and we understand what engineers need. We'll provide you with a work environment where collaboration is encouraged but you're not bombarded with superfluous interruptions. We have highly encouraged communication silent times on Thursdays so that everyone can focus without worrying they're missing anything. We work in modern agile feature teams that self-organize and work together to build great software. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to new ideas, learn new technologies, and architect new features. We have fun doing what we do, and you will too.
The Technology Team at Audacy is an organization that has leaned-in to hybrid work, having leaders and team members across the country.
Our technical centers of excellence are in some of the best cities to live in (Denver, Philadelphia, and Chicago) and we pride ourselves in building amazing products, participating in local service with Audacy, and keeping our culture at the heart of our employee experience.
You'll have the opportunity to contribute to new ideas, learn new technologies and design new features. We have fun doing what we do, and you will too.
If you love audio and building incredible software, then we are the place for you.
What You'll Do:
• Designing and developing enterprise level applications using Snowflake and AWS tools.
• Design, build and deploy streaming and batch data pipelines capable of processing and storing petabytes of data quickly and reliably
• Partnering with product teams, data analysts and data scientists to help design and build data-forward solutions
• Build and maintain dimensional data warehouses in support of business intelligence and optimization product tools
• Develop data catalogs and data validations to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics
• Contributing using your awesome verbal and written communication skills.
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
• You possess quality experience with Snowflake DB and data models of all kinds.
• You are exceptionally skilled at building ETL's and pipelines using Python and other data services like Airflow and AWS Glue.
• You have a solid understanding of AWS features like S3 policies, IAM, ARN, and EC2.
• You understand the difference between a row based storage db like Postgress or MySQL and a columnar database like Snowflake, BigQuery, or Singlestore.
• You take ownership of the data under your prevue, and always consider privacy first.
• You work well with competing tasks, and if things change, you pivot quickly and execute smoothly.
• If you have experience in the radio broadcast, streaming, or ad tech industry, that's a plus.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 3+ years of enterprise or related experience
The anticipated starting salary range for individuals expressing interest in this position is $100,000-$120,000. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity. This position can be located remotely or at one of Audacy's
offices in Denver, New York City, Philadelphia,
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
- Designing and developing enterprise level applications using Snowflake and AWS tools.
- Design, build and deploy streaming and batch data pipelines capable of processing and storing petabytes of data quickly and reliably
- Partnering with product teams, data analysts and data scientists to help design and build data-forward solutions
- Build and maintain dimensional data warehouses in support of business intelligence and optimization product tools
- Develop data catalogs and data validations to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics
- Contributing using your awesome verbal and written communication skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvvw00-3-236-207-90-42 in your application.