KANSAS CITY'S MORNING NEWS on KMBZ AM & FM is looking for a news editor to write & produce morning drive news elements and prepare content for social media & on-air programming. Must be a self-starter with strong news writing skills, excellent news judgement and ability to write and work quickly against tight deadlines.
What You'll Do:
• Create news line-ups for morning news program
• Line up newsmakers for interviews
• Develop ''day two'' angles and advancing news stories
• Coordinate writing and reporting of assignments with reporters
• Edit news copy for the ear and the web
• Other duties as required by management
More About You:
• Minimum one year experience in news writing/editing, interviewing and reporting
• Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential
• Must have Audio editing skills
• Experience with News Boss or other news management software
• Knowledge of and ability to use social media platforms
• Have a working knowledge of legal guidelines, FCC rules, libel and slander laws and how they apply to your writing
• Four-year Journalism degree preferred
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
What You'll Do:
- Create news line-ups for morning news program
- Line up newsmakers for interviews
- Develop ''day two'' angles and advancing news stories
- Coordinate writing and reporting of assignments with reporters
- Edit news copy for the ear and the web
- Other duties as required by management
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5p49-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.