AUDACY San Francisco has an incredibly rare full time Morning News anchor opening at heritage all-news station KCBS (KCBS-AM/KFRC-FM – 106.9FM/740AM).
KCBS is the Bay Area's number one news station and the most listened-to N/T/S station in Northern California. KCBS is home to some of the most decorated broadcast journalists in the industry, and is the destination for an audience hungry for local, statewide, national and international news – plus, traffic and weather, tech, business and sports information 24/7/365.
Are you an audacious and tech-savvy broadcast journalist with a positive attitude and impressive work ethic – ready to help lead an elite all-news radio team? Are you a storyteller with a compelling on-air delivery? Are you curious? A critical thinker? Can you break a story, identify a story, conceptualize and/or pitch a story? Can you mentor and inspire a team of field reporters, editors, producers and writers? This is a job for a broadcast journalist who knows how to be a leader – and, who knows how to collaborate with his/her team.
You will be expected to steward this priority daypart (AMD) Monday through Friday from our San Francisco newsroom. You will be expected to manage a variety of technology and equipment in the broadcast booth, and should be comfortable with all things IT. Social media know-how is a must, and you will be expected to actively participate in digital efforts – including but not limited to website content and Audacy podcasts.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Attention to detail is crucial. Grammar, syntax and broadcast-style writing matter. You must be able to take a detail-oriented approach to your work – while meeting tight deadlines. This is not a job for a beginner. Experience in the San Francisco market is a plus.
• Anchor from the KCBS newsroom – and/or on remote broadcast assignment – over the course of multiple hours
• Voice news reports, specials, long-form and/or podcast material for Audacy stations and related digital platforms
• Conceptualize, pitch and execute news stories – including but not limited to breaking/developing news, pre-planned coverage and/or long-form specials/series
• Conceptualize, pitch and execute live interviews with a variety of guests – politicians, academics, newsmakers, etc.
• Write scripts and ad-lib material for newscasts
• Use social media – including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – during the course of your shift to connect with listeners, promote upcoming stories and interviews, and to highlight station content
• Contribute content – including but not limited to audio, video and written format – to KCBSRadio.com
• Provide live reads of sponsors within designated newscasts/news sections
• Record commercials and/or endorsements
• Adhere to commercial log and accurately track any and all discrepancies in execution of sales inventory
• Make station appearances as required
• Protect the station's FCC license
• Other duties as required by management
KCBS on-air staff are members of SAG-AFTRA (union code 182). Union membership in good standing required.
Please submit audio sample/aircheck/compilation of on-air work with application.
Minimum 10 years of news reporting and/or anchoring in broadcast media setting. Must be computer literate, have excellent writing and presentation skills. A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
''A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5691-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.