WANF is in search of a highly-qualified, motivated candidate to fill the news reporter position. The reporter gathers news for broadcast, digital and OTT platforms.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Collaborates with assignment desk, producers and managers on story development
- Pitch story ideas that have a wide reaching impact to news consumers
- Strong Live reporting skills
- Gathers, shoots, writes and edits stories for broadcast
- Writes news stories for digital platforms
- Provides elements for social media posts & posts social media content that can be shared
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications or equivalent
- At least 5 years of reporting experience
- Prior experience in top 25 market preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4e2mz-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.
Interested applicants can, go tohttps://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your cover letter, resume, and references
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WANF has served Atlanta communities for more than 50 years with local news, weather, sports, and entertainment. WANF & WPCH are owned by Gray Television, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Would you like to work in the #6 market in a city with a thriving economy and a vibrant culture? WANF & WPCH provides the community with award winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Come to Atlanta for the opportunity. The energy. The chance to dream where there's space to contribute. Where creatives, universities, entrepreneurs, and the world's biggest brands intersect. Atlanta has a unique culture all its own with a young population, a bustling city center packed with urban parks and amenities, and famously walkable neighborhoods.