The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With more than 850,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
ASCAP is seeking to hire a full time Talent Acquisition Specialist with 3-5 years' recruitment experience to manage the full life cycle of recruitment for junior to mid-level requisitions. We are seeking qualified candidates that are enthusiastic, motivated and detail oriented. The ideal candidates will be self-motivated, have the ability to work independent and the agility to shift priorities of focus while managing multiple requisitions at a time. This includes; meeting with hiring managers, reviewing and posting job descriptions, examining and sourcing résumés, screening applicants, and scheduling interviews with the hiring manager(s). This role offers an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys recruiting and wants to drive the next stages of growth at ASCAP.
To ensure success in this role, you should have advanced knowledge of recruitment techniques, excellent verbal, and written communication skills, have the ability to multi-task, demonstrate strong technical skills, and be systems savvy. A top tier recruiter understands the needs of the company and ensures that only qualified candidates make it through to the final interview.
Talent Acquisition Specialist Responsibilities:
• Assisting the hiring manager(s) with recruitment duties
• Filling open positions and candidate requirements
• Posting requisitions to the Applicant Tracking Site
• Assisting the hiring team in screening candidates' résumés
• Communicating with candidates and setting up interviews
• Conducting initial video screenings
• Proactively engaging with prospective talent to build a robust pipeline of candidates
• Conducting candidates' references
• Assisting with key departmental projects
Talent Acquisition Specialist Requirements:
• Hold a B.A. or B.S. in a related field
• 3-5 years of experience in Talent Acquisition/ Recruitment
• Strong Proficiency with LinkedIn Recruiter and Applicant Tracking Systems
• Ability to conduct interviews over the phone and via video call
• The ability to conduct interviews from junior to midlevel
• Think creatively about non-traditional recruiting tactics
• Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and take initiative
• Excellent decision-making, judgement, tact, and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced interpersonal & organizational skills
• A passion for recruitment and talent resourcing as a member of a fast-paced, mission-based culture
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
• New York City based role
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbev46-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.