Introduction to ASCAP:
To create the most innovative, engaging and culturally relevant experiences (virtual and IRL [in-real-life]) for our members – driving brand awareness, driving new membership, creating brand love and loyalty for ASCAP and its members at large.
We are looking for an experiential marketing pro with expertise in all event marketing, event types and digital marketing programs, specifically focused on award show programs and marketing virtual educational/member events. It's critical that you understand ASCAP's marketing objectives and can translate those into events virtually and in-real-life that will foster thought leadership, drive industry relationships, revenue and infuse the power of music. This position requires a curious, self-motivated individual that is passionate about music and pop-culture and has solid virtual event production experience, specifically related to virtual events platforms, as well as digital marketing campaigns of all types. The role requires superior communication and organization skills, passion and enthusiasm for music, and the ability to go the extra mile when needed. The successful candidate will be able to transition seamlessly from project to project. The role will be located in our NYC corporate office.
• Help coordinate and manage timelines, milestones requests for all membership events and experiential programs including but not limited to, ASCAP award shows, conferences and other virtual and live music events, from showcases to panels and more across all genres of music -- from pop to film music to Hip Hop to Latin and all other genres.
• Seamlessly work with design team, editorial team, membership team and social media team on all creative deliverables tied to department initiative
• Work exceptionally well and cross-functionally with members of the membership team, the marketing and communications team, the executive team, finance, legal, on event project management
• Manage and execute all ASCAP events, including core awards programs and all other experiences including but not limited to core events, B2B, artist/client hospitality, internal events, industry events
• Research and vet all venues, vendors and producers for the event
• Research and track all competitive events
• Manages and understands the backend to virtual event platforms (including but not limited to YouTube, Social Media Platforms, Bizzabo and others)
• Support in the concept and creation of all signage, lighting, event flow, ROS, SOWs for partners, staging, hospitality, activations, premiums, F&B, staging, sound production
• Deliver exceptional brand experiences, through outstanding organizational skills, communication, and eye for detail
• Knowledge of the experiential landscape and cutting-edge consumer experiences (virtual and IRL)
• Research and track CDC/COVID rules in applicable counties
• Manages and organizes all the required elements for virtual events (speaker releases, legal clearances, approvals…)
• Create and deploys various e-vites, understands the platforms in which to do so (Paperless post, Eventbrite and others)
• Helps with ideation and execution of social media campaigns for various events
• Email marketing – writes, creates, builds, and deploys email marketing for various events, understands basic HTML functions
• Update event websites as needed
Budget, Finances, Other:
• Support the management and maintenance of the budget
• Manage all invoices and be the direct liaison with the finance team
• Assist SVP with all departmental functions including calendar management
• At least 5+ years experience in experiential/event marketing, event planning and digital marketing
• Willing to travel up to 50% if required / Must be available to work evenings, and some weekends as needed. Ability to travel to events throughout the US and possibly internationally.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Workplace Google Drive, Google Analytics, and all applications
• Proficient negotiating skills and basic contract legal items/terms
• In-depth understanding of the music industry at large, including ASCAP membership
• Background and familiar with standard experiential marketing and marketing practices
• Deep rolodex of event and marketing vendors and great working relationships
• Proven ability to proactively anticipate the needs of executives
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – proven ability to communicate with executives, peers, the public and members
• Superb organizational skills with high attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
• Proactive and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Passionate about experiential marketing, the music industry and wants to change the world with us
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1130m-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.