ASCAP, The American Society of Composer, Authors and Publishers, has an opportunity to join the HR team for a six month assignment as an HR generalist.
This interim role reports to the SVP/Head of HR and will help manage a broad range of generalist responsibilities for a 400+ employee base. The incumbent will play a key role in day to day employee relations, performance management matters, employee training needs/plans and special projects.
This opportunity is ideal for an HR professional who is relationship-oriented with astute judgment and a proven track record operating in a high touch, hands-on capacity to drive results.
Reporting to the SVP HR, build immediate rapport with colleagues, management and employees to provide HR support and counsel in an HR generalist capacity. Specific focus is on day to day management of important areas of the functional service delivery including employee relations, performance management and key processes.
Support HR programs and processes including performance management, employee training, day to day operational priorities and partnering with manager and team members on key projects.
Be a go-to resource for employees on day to day matters using astute judgment and communication skills to keep manager apprised of key issues and pulse of the organization.
Learns and supports the performance appraisal process, particularly system administration in Namely, the tool for performance appraisals.
Partner, supports and recommends process, program and systems enhancements as a trusted colleague and contributor to the HR team.
Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
Supports recruitment efforts as needed.
• Qualified candidates must possess 5-7+ years of progressive HR generalist experience including a minimum of two years of experience in employee relations
• A proven ability to contribute to and thrive in in high-touch, collegial, kind and collaborative culture
• Experience with federal and state employment and labor laws, and of a broad spectrum of employee relations matters
• Strengths in organizational skills, follow-through and project management a must
• Demonstrated strengths in verbal and written communication skills
• Sound, astute judgement and ability to prioritize effectively
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, care, diplomacy and tact a must
• Demonstrated project management skills, writing skills, and ability to manage concurrent projects to closure
• Technical savvy and knowledge of MS Office
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p7xj-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.