General Licensing Associate (Fully REMOTE Position)
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With more than 850,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
Licensing Associate (Inside Sales):
Established in 1914, ASCAP is the first and leading Performing Rights Organization (PRO) in the United States. ASCAP protects the rights of its members by licensing and distributing royalties for the non-dramatic public performances of their copyrighted works. As a Licensing Associate, you will act as liaison between music users and copyright owners. You will call on dance schools, restaurants, bars, hotels, and other businesses that play music to sell performing rights licenses.
The ASCAP General Licensing team is seeking motivated and enthusiastic candidates who have outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ideal candidates will hold a passion for the industry, appreciation for music creators and copyright holders, and be driven to assist music users by selling the ASCAP performing rights license. This position is fully remote.
• Generate new business through the sale of performing rights licenses to music users
• Research and pursue new business prospects
• Moderate salary base with a generous monthly commission that can greatly enhance annual compensation total
• Commission is based upon meeting and/ or exceeding monthly standards and meeting and/ or exceeding monthly revenue goals
• Full-time employees are eligible for a generous benefit package including: 20 to 25 days of paid time off, 401k with match, retirement savings program, medical, dental and vision coverage
• Highly Motivated
• Sales experience preferred
• Avid music lover
• Inside sales (cold calls) experience preferred
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to interact with a wide variety of clientele
• Computer proficiency required
Prospects/ Clientele can include:
• Dance schools
• Retail Establishments
• Adult Entertainment Venues
• Entertainment Parks
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program
Please be aware that ASCAP is not a nut-free or other allergen-free workplace.
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state, and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $35,000 to $36,000 and will be determined on an individualized basis depending on several factors that are unique to each candidate including geographic location (due to differences in the cost of labor), skills, education and prior relevant experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzz723-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.