The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With more than 850,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
Experiential and Social Media Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
New York or Los Angeles | Full Time
We are looking for an experiential and social media marketing coordinator to assist the fast-paced Marketing & Communications team in the successful execution of digital marketing and social media campaigns and virtual, live and hybrid events. This position requires a curious, self-motivated individual that is passionate about music and pop-culture and has solid social media and digital marketing skills. The role requires excellent communication and organizational skills, passion and enthusiasm for music, and the ability to go the extra mile when needed. The successful candidate will be able to transition seamlessly from project to project with great attention to detail. The position will be based in ASCAP New York or Los Angeles office.
• Help coordinate and manage timelines and deliverables for live, hybrid and virtual events, experiential programs and integrated digital marketing and social media campaigns.
• Work exceptionally well and cross-functionally across the marketing, membership, repertory, finance, licensing, and legal departments on the successful execution of projects.
• Research venues and vendors.
• Coordinate talent communications, clearances, releases, travel, call sheets.
• Coordinate guest lists and rsvps; write, build, and deploy digital and/or physical invites for various events.
• Coordinate communications to event stakeholders, including crew, staff, talent, invitees, attendees.
• Assist PR team in creating tip sheets featuring bios/photos of talent, executives and event details.
• Assist in the tactical elements and execution of ASCAP's social media strategy across all platforms, including copywriting, gathering social tags, asset management, scheduling and posting.
• Support day-to-today community management and monitor ASCAP's social media presence and promptly, tactfully, and accurately engage with our members, influencers, and employees, where appropriate.
• Curate social highlights documents for large scale campaigns, capturing screenshots of high-level member, press and community engagement and reporting/ presenting findings to ASCAP's marketing, membership, and executive team.
• Play a key role in coordinating, composing, consolidating, and editing written materials, such as briefing documents, emails, social messages, talking points and creative assets (photo, videos, animations).
• Assist with brainstorming big ideas on upcoming campaigns and projects.
• Research and elevate key trends and insights from the community, creators and brands, sharing learnings and recommendations for ASCAP to take part in viral moments.
• Coordinate the payment of invoices and project expenses; serve as liaison with Accounts Payable team.
• Maintain budget spreadsheets to track project and campaign expenses.
• Minimum Bachelor of Arts Degree in a related discipline from an accredited four-year college; experience in an entertainment related job or internship a plus
• Proven skills on all social media platforms and digital marketing
• Willing to travel to events, if required / Must be available to work evenings, and some weekends as needed
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Workplace, Google Drive, Google Analytics, and all applications
• Basis knowledge of Content Management Systems, HTML a plus
• Passion for music of all genres and the music industry at large
• Background and familiarity with standard experiential marketing and marketing practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superb organizational skills with high attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
• Proactive and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Passionate about experiential marketing, social media, the music industry and wants to change the world with us
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy4j7k-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.