What We Are Looking For
We are seeking an experienced Assistant to support two high-volume Music Agents in our Music Department as well as support the Agency's top tier music client roster. The position requires a communicative and thoughtful individual who can take initiative while learning on the job.
The candidate will need a strong work ethic and an understanding of how their supporting role can help to grow the Agency's practice. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as an interest in music.
The ability to multi-task is crucial as the position requires managing calendars, call logs, invoicing for payments, and bookings, as well as tracking client schedules, potential opportunities and the overall execution of deals.
Skills And Qualifications
The Assistant will support the Agent in a variety of administrative functions including:
- Handling phones, managing both Agents' and clients' calendars
- Generating deal memos, itineraries, contracts and reports
- Invoicing and accounting
- Keeping track of ticket counts, contracts, deposits and finals
- Dealing with high profile buyers, promoters, and managers while understanding the importance of confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
Education And Experience
- 1-2 years of professional experience working in the entertainment industry
- Experience with Opus or at an Agency/Management experience is a plus
- General knowledge of contracts and copyright law is a plus
- College degree from an accredited University or College
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
APA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm481-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.