Are you an excellent, proactive problem solver who can work through and assist with any technical issues that may arise within the Assets team? Then you are our TA!
The Technical Assistant will help maintain consistency and ensure high quality deliveries from our Modelling, Rigging and Surfacing departments at our Sydney studio.
You will be integral to the production, predominantly when assisting with the QC process for Rigging.
What you'll get to do:
• Quality control rigs and collaborate with the Animation department to bring our characters to life
• Support the asset department artists and TDs with pipeline and asset issues
• Ensure that highly optimised assets retain intended creative representations
• Collaborate with other TDs and the R&D department
• Be responsible for troubleshooting and user support within the rigging software and proprietary tools
• Test and validate new releases of workflow tools with Maya and in the Farm environment
What you bring:
• 1+ years' experience on an animated/VFX feature, TV commercials or animated series, working as a TA is desirable but not essential
• Experience supporting artists with technical issues in a production environment is preferable
• Experience in at least one high end 3D software package, e.g. Maya
• Programming experience in Python is a bonus
• Good generalist skills with a solid understanding of all departments
• A focus on quality control and active artist support
• High level of organisation
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
• Ability to work within a strong team environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbn3vy-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.