Sony Pictures Imageworks
Want to work in a movie making team? Would you like to work with both highly creative and technical people in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment? We are looking for a Systems Engineer – Network & Cloud to join the IT infrastructure team.
As a Systems Engineer you will be involved in all areas of the IT Infrastructure operational activities (security, virtualization, Linux/Windows server environments, network, storage etc), and take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
This role has primary focus on the adoption of cloud, containerization, build automation and infrastructure-as-code, working in tandem with DevOps to identify and implement the most optimal and secure transition and further design of cloud services. It also shares the ownership with other Systems Engineers for the security and administration of the network systems that include Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Cloud connectivity, Wireless, PBX platform and core infrastructure services
The successful candidate for this role will be able to use their wide experience in cloud-based technologies and security to accelerate the transition of services into the cloud and to guide other engineers in this domain.
It is important to note that they will also have solid experience in other fields of systems engineering and be able to assist in these areas when required, as this is a compact and agile team.
What you bring:
• Proven experience in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of large-scale projects in AWS and Azure cloud for Compute, Network and Storage
• In depth understanding and experience in network architecture design including network segmentation strategies, and cloud connectivity
• Demonstrated experience with network services, routing and protocols: OSPF, BGP, DHCP, NTP, DNS, CIFS, NFS, SNMP, IKE/IPSec, RADIUS including use of and interaction with Active Directory
• Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices
• Ability to design, code, test and enhance scripts for automation and management of architecture services (e.g. Python, Shell, Powershell)
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, sound work methodology
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
The following will be beneficial:
• Experience with High Performance Computing environments.
• Working experience in a number of other technical areas (e.g. virtualization, Network services and protocols, cloud connectivity and security, Linux and/or Windows server infrastructure, Active Directory, NAS storage, file systems, file/folder permissions, DFS)
• Working experience with Next Generation firewalls, Web Isolation engines, Leaf/Spine network architecture
• Strong interest and knowledge of information security standards, technologies and practices
• Ability to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving system and workflow issues and problemsAbility to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scopeBachelor degree in Information Science or a related field
Other responsibilities include:
• Implementing and supporting a wide variety of software and hardware including but not limited to:
• RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server
• O365 and other SaaS applications
• Virtualization / VMWare vSphere and Horizon
• Dell, Brocade and Cloud Networking
• Network Monitoring and Centralized Logging
• Working as an active team member for joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates, documentation for assigned action items and deliverables
• Providing input for the preparation of the department's operational budgets for the fiscal year
• Sharing knowledge and providing best practices
• Providing technical/cross training to team members and other IT teams or departments as needed through informal and formal training sessions
• Encouraging collaboration and communicating well with peers
• Working with various stakeholders and clients to come up with efficient and effective suggestions/solutions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjz92b-3-238-96-184-42 in your application.
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.