Would you like to work in a movie making team? This is an opportunity to work with both highly creative and technical people in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment. Animal Logic is looking for a Systems Engineer – Linux and Cloud, to join the IT infrastructure team.
As a Systems Engineer you will be involved in all areas of the IT Infrastructure operational activities (security, virtualization, Linux/Windows server environments, network, storage etc), and take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
You will make an active contribution to the architecture, implementation, and management of the infrastructure services in a predominantly Linux (but cross-platform) server and workstations environment. You will support the adoption of cloud and infrastructure-as-code, working in tandem with DevOps to identify and implement the transition and further design of cloud services.
To be the successful candidate for this role, you will be experienced in Ansible, Terraform and other automation and configuration management tools, will be able to use your experience in cloud-based technologies and security to accelerate the transition of services into the cloud and to guide other engineers in this domain.
It is important to note that you should also have solid experience in other fields of systems engineering and be able to assist in these areas when required, as this is a compact and agile team.
What you bring:
• Demonstrated experience in at least three major technical areas and sound understanding of others (e.g. Linux and/or Windows server infrastructure, virtualization, Network services and protocols, cloud connectivity and security, Active Directory, NAS storage, file systems, file/folder permissions, DFS)
• Experience with High Performance Computing environments
• Proven experience in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of large-scale projects in AWS and Azure cloud for Compute, Network and Storage
• Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices
• Ability to design, code, test and enhance scripts for automation and management of architecture services (e.g. Python, Shell, Powershell)
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, sound work methodology
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated SFIA skills
• Display Resilience and Courage: Level 2 (Intermediate)
• Deliver Results: Level 2 (Intermediate)
• Plan and Prioritise: Level 2 (Intermediate)
• Think and Solve Problems: Level 3 (Adept)
• Project Management: Level 3 (Adept)
• Demonstrated SFIA Levels of Responsibility
• Autonomy: Level 4
• Influence: Level 3
• Complexity: Level 3
• Knowledge: Level 4
• Business Skills: Level 4
The following will be beneficial:
• Experience with network services, routing and protocols: OSPF, BGP, DHCP, NTP, DNS, CIFS, NFS, SNMP, IKE/IPSec, RADIUS including use of and interaction with Active Directory
• Experience planning, installing and administering NAS environments with a concurrent mixture of SMB and NFS clients. Experience with at least one of Dell/EMC Isilon or NetApp FAS storage in a NAS environment is a plus
• Strong interest and knowledge of information security standards, technologies and practices
• Working experience with Next Generation firewalls, Web Isolation engines, Leaf/Spine network architecture
• Ability to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving system and workflow issues and problems
• Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope
• Bachelor degree in Information Science or a related field
Other responsibilities include:
• Implementing and supporting a wide variety of software and hardware including but not limited to:
• RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server,
• O365 and other SaaS applications
• Virtualization / VMWare vSphere and Horizon,
• Dell, Brocade and Cloud Networking
• Network Security
• Network Monitoring and Centralized Logging
• Working as an active team member for joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates, documentation for assigned action items and deliverables
• Providing input for the preparation of the department's operational budgets for the fiscal year
• Sharing knowledge and providing best practices
• Providing technical/cross training to team members and other IT teams or departments as needed through informal and formal training sessions
• Encouraging collaboration and communicating well with peers
• Working with various stakeholders and clients to come up with efficient and effective suggestions/solutions
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.