Start Dates: November 2021 – February 2022
Directed by Ron Howard, and based on the children's book of the same name, ''The Shrinking of the Treehorns'' is a feature animation production with Paramount Animation, Imagine Entertainment and Animal Logic Entertainment.
The Rigging team will work closely with a variety of departments, to develop, implement, and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation.
What you'll get to do:
• Follow a brief to produce stylised production-ready rigs of a high standard for an animated feature
• Work with the Modelling Department to ensure that models are suitable for rigging and performance requirements
• Work with Animators to develop and prototype rigs for a broad range of creative and technical requirements
• Support rigs as they move through the animation pipeline, developing supplementary Animation tools and processes
• A good artistic eye, and the necessary software dexterity to produce, or correct shapes and models when it might tighten the feedback loop with another department
What you bring:
• Proven experience working on characters for feature film quality productions
• Excellent understanding of anatomy and character construction, with the ability to apply this to stylised characters
• Desire to troubleshoot and manage communication during the support phase of published rigs, as they move through shots and departments
• Comfortable working to specs as precisely or as creatively as a brief outline
• Proficiency in Python is a bonus, but not required
• Proficiency with a recent version of Maya, and a node-oriented approach to problems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2nkny-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.