Are you a Compositing Artist with a knack for look development, setting up templates, and providing guidance to a team of Lighting and Comp artists? The Compositing Artist will support the Lighting department with their compositing and stereo fixes (if required), as well as compositing individual shots if and as required.
What you'll get to do:
• Compositing tasks include, 3D projection environment in Nuke, balancing elements, assisting in colour correction, morphs, transitions, and a host of other 2D issues
• Assist in realizing the vision of shots through the compositing and lighting team, taking direction from the Compositing Lead
• Work with the Compositing and Lighting Leads to assess, assign and monitor compositing needs
• Assist with the design and development of procedural and innovative tool sets, pipelines and techniques for the Compositors
• Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools or escalating issues to the appropriate support TD
• Clearly communicate progress and any roadblocks to your assigned Lead
• Where appropriate, offer guidance and mentoring for other lighting artists and compositors
What you bring:
• 5+ years' experience compositing on animated feature films or live action VFX projects (animated compositing experience is preferred)
• Demonstrated feature animation quality compositing work through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
• Demonstrated experience with lookdev and setting up templates
• Demonstrated knowledge and production experience in Nuke
• Experience and knowledge of CG material such as AOV's and other components
• Competencies in designing new/troubleshooting complex tools and workflows
• Strong aptitude for technical workflow challenges such as directory structure, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, automated dailies, colour space(s), etc.
• Ability to take direction and implement briefs
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
• Strong communication skills with a willingness to mentor and guide lighters and other compositors
• Strong understanding of adjacent crafts, such as Lighting
• Nuke Python API knowledge a plus
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.