Are you a Senior Animator interested in bringing characters to life through believable performance and expressions for our animated feature?
What you'll get to do:
• Bring characters to life
• Produce high quality animation in line with the Directors creative vision and the brief received from lead and/or supervisor
• Animate using effective storytelling skills, through knowledge of camera angles and framing shots
• Understand the visual requirements for the film and in consultation with your Lead and/or Supervisor, provide input into the procedures and techniques that will enable these to be met
• Adhere to deadlines and anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot technical issues with Production
• Proactively provide solutions/options to creative briefs through existing tools & processes
• Contribute creative feedback in reviews and be willing to assist junior team members in this area when required
• Assist junior team members with any technical challenges
• Understand department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
• Become proficient with the departments proprietary tools
What you bring:
• 5+ years' experience in feature animation, VFX feature films, TV series or games with a focus in Animation
• Proven ability to produce feature film quality character animation in a range of styles, demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
• High level of working knowledge in animation techniques and a proficiency in 3d software packages, particularly Maya
• Deep understanding of traditional animation techniques and the principles of character performance such as posing, timing, acting and storytelling techniques
• A deep understanding of anatomy, movement and basic real world physics and their application for animation
• A demonstrated passion and ability in 3d animation
• Enthusiasm, positivity, initiative and talent coupled with an understanding for taking direction and an openness to feedback while performing tasks to the individual's best abilities
• Have an ''eye'' for the nuances of a believable action
• Strong written and verbal English language skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
• A flexible approach and able to achieve deadlines while maintaining consistently high standards
What we offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio.
• A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
• Exposure to a USD pipeline
• A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
• Paid 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
• A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
• A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8ow2-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.