Are you a creative Layout artist with experience who can help realise a director's brief and cinematic vision? If so, this could be the role for you!
What you'll get to do:
• Translate storyboards into CG sequences including rough character animation and camera lensing
• Ensure the cinematic style and layout animation is consistent with the Layout Supervisor's and Director's vision
• Incorporate strong character blocking to guide framing and story
• Clearly understand the creative requirements of a sequence and deliver these creative goals in a timely manner and to the highest standard
• Provide the technical set-up of shots to departments further down the production pipeline (e.g. Animation)
• Work within a team of layout artists under the supervision of a Layout Lead
What you bring:
• Strong character blocking skills
• 5+ years' experience working in CG on feature animation, VFX projects or TV Series
• 5+ years' experience being part of layout and/or previs team
• Previous experience working with large digital feature film production pipelines
• Working knowledge and understanding of 3D software packages used in digital film production, in particular Maya
• Working knowledge and understanding of layout/previs techniques such as staging and framing rules
• Working knowledge of camera animation and scene set-up
• Cinematography knowledge and understanding of story and scene layout
• Knowledge of traditional camera techniques and the principles of translating storyboards to 3D
• Excellent visual communication skills including but not limited to drawing
• Ability to produce high-level camera work with an in-depth knowledge of framing, composition and cinematography
• An understanding of editing and ability to ensure continuity over a sequence of shots and the film
• Recognised post-secondary qualification in animation, film or related field is preferable
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
• Excellent attention to detail
• A willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the team and the project
• Excellent organizational and verbal communication skills
What you need to include in your application:
• A strong reel that shows examples of work done in a 3D computer generated environment. Whole sequences are preferred over isolated shots. Where possible a storyboard animatic, followed by layout and then through to final finished sequences.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88196-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.