Pipeline TD - Layout / Animation
Are you a Software Engineer with rigging experience, or a Rigger with development experienced? And are you interested in joining a diverse cross-functional R&D team which focuses on tools that stretch from Rigging and Layout to Final Animation? You will work as a part of the global development team to advance its animation production tools and processes, especially in the areas of animation and rigging.
What you'll do:
• Develop core rigging components, tools, plugins, nodes and applications used by Animation and Rigging, mostly in Autodesk Maya
• Work alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world and have an opportunity to make significant and varied contributions to a modern and unique Character Animation Pipeline
• Advance a modern and dynamic toolset that is proven on high-end productions, making a significant contribution to our large roster of upcoming feature animation and film VFX projects.
What you bring:
• At least 2 years proven experience working directly on solving rigging problems
• Knowledge and experience of current rigging, animation and deformation techniques and algorithms
• Demonstrable knowledge of a high end DCC application and its API (Maya, XSI or Houdini)
• Proficient Python Developer
• Ability to work as part of a team and flexibility to work alternatively to both strict specifications and more open and creative challenges
• A passion for regularly working with end-user clients and production staff.
The following will be considered a bonus, and might become required learning during your contribution to the project:
• An appreciation of design aesthetics
• UI/UX design and development experience
• C++ knowledge including performance optimisation
• A tertiary qualification in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science, or demonstrable equivalent experience applicable to mathematical and engineering tasks
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.