Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking an experienced personnel manager to grow and lead the global R&D team, enabling a team of highly skilled developers to innovate their approach to software development via a deep collaboration with creative staff, providing creative artists with the necessary production tools to achieve their creative goals.
This position reports to the R&D Supervisor based in Vancouver.
What you'll get to do:
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the global R&D department, driving departmental strategy and initiatives
• Lead a high functioning team, recruiting team members, professional development of engineers, including performance and salary reviews
• Collaborate with the CTO, R&D Technical Management and Program Management to ensure the department is aligned on vision and strategy, enabling the team to develop and deliver technical tools and pipeline that supports and extends the creative capability of the company
• Responsible for the R&D departmental budget, managing compensation across engineering teams
• Work with the CTO and R&D Technical Management on overall department strategy and initiatives
What you bring:
• At least 7 years' experience with software development in the same or similar industry
• Experience leading large software development teams and at least 3 years of management experience with direct reports
• Experience with hiring and developing teams
• Experience with multi-site development teams and processes
• Experience with software development and program management methodologies
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related fields
• An understanding of the current state of modern software development and program management practices and issues
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d879nx-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.