Program Manager (Technology)
This role is a one year contract to start and requires the ability to work in our Vancouver studio, with a flexible work-from-home schedule.
Are you experienced in picture production and love technology? Animal Logic is seeking a Technology Program Manager who has previous experience in production and is seeking a new challenge.
The Technology division incorporates IT, R&D and Production Technology teams across Animal Logic and is responsible for supporting our productions and pipelines as well as developing innovative graphics tools in support of our animation productions. Reporting to the Head of Technical Project Management, the Program Manager will plan, manage, and deliver a program of technical projects in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will utilise their enthusiasm, relationship building skills, attention to detail, and flexibility to lead and execute program initiatives across multiple teams in two global locations which align and support the strategic vision of Animal Logic.
What you'll get to do:
• Partner with production teams to define milestones and deliverables for technology requirements on assigned shows
• Communicate milestones and deliverables to project managers and technical leadership
• Assist technical managers with high level planning, scheduling, and delivery of projects
• Work closely with project managers, defining and maintaining project plans which realize the creative needs of Animal Logic
• Facilitate requirements gathering, prioritization and planning initiatives with stakeholders
• Work with projects managers and coordinators to provide guidance and mentorship on program management processes
• Provide regular program updates via presentations and reporting to Technology Leadership
• Work with the Head of Technical Project Management to execute the technology division's communication strategy around all key technology initiatives
What you bring:
• 4+ years' experience as a Program or Project Manager in a production or technical environment
• Previous experience in digital or animation pipelines
• Proven experience running projects in the same or related industry
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
• Solid stakeholder management skills including advanced negotiation and influencing ability
• Good understanding of software development methodologies e.g. SDLC, Agile
• Previous experience working with issue tracking and project systems e.g. Jira, MS Project
What we offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
• Conveniently located in vibrant Yaletown, near the heart of downtown Vancouver
• An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
• A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
• A flexible, hybrid work environment
• A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
• A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
• A variety of employee benefits including free gym access, breakfast, use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb3b4k-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.