Are you a Pipeline TD with a keen interest in Lighting?
Looking to join a studio that works on groundbreaking animated features in sunny Sydney?
This position is a facility based position, giving you the chance to work across multiple feature animations.
Joining us as our Lighting TD, you will be trusted to support the creative and visual objectives of the Lighting Team, and collaborate with your fellow TDs and the wider technology departments to ensure a unified workflow. Your key responsibilities will include development and maintenance of our proprietary lighting software, pipeline and workflow design, render troubleshooting, and technical support for the Lighting leads and artists.
You will have the chance to:
• Develop the software toolkit used by the Lighting department
• Help the Lighting team find solutions to creative problems
• Test and validate new releases of pipeline and rendering tools
• Optimize Lighting and rendering workflows and automation
• Work closely with the R&D department to ensure compliance with internal best practices
• Create and maintain technical documentation
What you bring:
• Prior experience in a Pipeline TD position, ideally on animated or VFX feature films
• Tertiary Degree in Computer Science, Animation, Film, or similar
• Proven experience troubleshooting, maintaining, and developing tools in relevant software, such Maya, Katana, Houdini or Nuke
• Experience in Python development is a must (C++ is a bonus)
• Understanding of 3D graphics software principles, rendering techniques, and Lighting principles
• Experience developing Qt-based UIs is a bonus
• Knowledge or experience with USD is a bonus
• Ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of new software tools and libraries
• Ability to communicate on both technical and creative subjects with various personality types
• Ability to work collaboratively, build relationships and share knowledge
• A passion for innovation in both technology and visual storytelling
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roeoe2-18-204-48-64-42 in your application.