Directed by Ron Howard and based on the children's book of the same name, ''The Shrinking of the Treehorns'' is a visually ambitious feature animation production with Paramount Animation, Imagine Entertainment and Animal Logic Entertainment.
The Matte Painting Lead is a 3D specialist, with extensive production experience, creating both photoreal and stylised matte paintings.
We require a talented individual to lead a team of matte painters and work closely with the Production Designer and Director to realise their creative vision.
What you'll get to do:
• Provide leadership, direction, mentorship and allocation of work to the Matte Painting team.
• Provide creative and technical support to your team, ensuring high quality paintings and elements in line with the creative vision of the film.
• Work closely with the Production Designer, CG Supervisor, and Technical Directors to ensure efficient pipeline management in and out of the Matte Painting team.
• Responsible for recruitment of team members, where required.
• Assist in the quoting and bidding of any matte painting elements as requested.
• Attend all matte painting reviews to offer creative feedback and solutions.
What you bring:
• 10+ years CG production experience, creating both photoreal and stylised matte paintings.
• Proven leadership experience, leading a team of matte painters/environment artists.
• Expert level of understanding of Nuke and other compositing software.
• Strong knowledge of 3D software, modelling and software techniques.
• Knowledge of Blender and/or Maya preferred.
• Experience with USD pipelines a plus.
• A demonstrated passion and ability in matte painting/environment creation, with an eye for detail, composition and lighting.
• Strong ability to work with and manage a wide range of personality types and skillsets to harness the best of your team.
• Must possess strong communication skills and be able to efficiently organise and prioritise the work of a team to achieve deadlines.
What we offer you:
• Work with the world's largest independent and award-winning animation studio.
• A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach.
• Work on ground-breaking animated feature films.
• Exposure to working within a USD pipeline.
• A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth.
• Currently piloting a flexible work program, allowing Animals to work from home one day per week.
• A world-renowned working environment packed with clubs, social activities and events.
• A generous leave policy including paid annual, sick and 'volunteer' days.
• A variety of employee benefits including superannuation, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5pmm-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.