Are you a Matte Painter interested in working with us on our animated features? The Matte Painter will work closely with the Production Designer, Art Director and Matte Painting Lead to create efficient and stylistic CG environments to be used across shots and sequences.
What you'll get to do:
• Create environments using combinations of modelled/textured assets, projections, illustrations
• Create paintings and elements that match concept and style using 3D and 2D tools and techniques including camera setup, modelling for projection, camera animation, projection setup, image re-projection, and atmospherics and light passes
• Collaborate with other members of the production such as modelling, surfacing, lighting and compositing in order to get the best result in the most efficient way
• Learn the department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
What you bring:
• 3+ years' experience in digital matte painting (feature animation is strongly preferred)
• Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
• Proven production experience using Photoshop & Nuke
• Ability to creatively solve problems and efficiently organize and prioritize work across multiple areas
• Strong written and verbal English language skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
• Open to new workflows and tool sets
• Ability to take direction and feedback; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference
• Other software skills including Maya, Houdini, Blender, Terragen or Vue would be an advantage
What you should demonstrate in your demo reel/portfolio:
• The ability to combine 2D and 3D elements seamlessly, creating environments that display an attention to composition and artistic detailing
• Strong knowledge of camera focal lengths, a good sense of composition, and colour theory
• The ability to create stylistic environments with an analogue painted/drawn style, showing a thorough understanding of perspective, a good sense of stylized natural light and colour
• Concept art that conveys the style, lighting and character of an animated world would be an advantage
What we offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
• A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
• A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
• Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
• A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
• Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
• A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
• A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
• A variety of employee benefits includin g superannuation, emplo yee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application to the link below!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmo5x-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.