Are you a Lighting Artist with a creative passion and the technical skills to light shots and sequences for an animated feature? The team at Animal Logic is seeking a passionate lighter with the ability to use creative and technical skills to light shots and sequences.
What you'll get to do:
• Bring shots from lighting production through to finalising based on project deadlines and milestone goals
• Follow Supervisor and Leads direction to create and design lighting for complex scenes; look developed assets, animation files and FX elements
• Polish the lighting on a shot and composite together assets and environment renders into a final shot, troubleshooting any issues
• Use appropriate compositing software to create a composite tree that combines the rendered levels and adjust the final composite until it meets the vision of the Directors and Supervisors
• Work closely with the Lighting Leads or other team members to adapt lighting rigs
• Communicate updates and track data per Production direction
• Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools or by supporting new tool development
• Work with the Creative leads to ensure that tools and procedures support the creative process
What you bring:
• 3 + years' experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature in Lighting
• Knowledge of Lighting in Maya and Compositing in Nuke
• Knowledge of rendering workflows
• Experience with Python and/or MEL is useful but not required
• Knowledge of the film post production process
• Understand the visual requirements for the film, design procedures and techniques
• Attention to design and artistic detail
• Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize assigned tasks
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work under pressure
• Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members.
• Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output
What you should include in your demo reel/portfolio:
• A good ''eye'', and a good understanding of light, colour, contrast, shading, and lighting design
• Sound level of understanding of compositing and colour theory
• Examples of character and environment lighting
• Examples of lighting in different settings (i.e. day/night, exterior/interior)
• Examples of photography, painting, and drawing are helpful but not required
What we offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio based in downtown Vancouver!
• An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
• A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
• Exposure to a USD pipeline
• A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
• Paid 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
• A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
• A variety of employee benefits including free gym access, breakfast, use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8qv1-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.