Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio. This is not a remote opportunity.
Location: Sydney or Vancouver
When our movies hit, we're gonna need help writing them SQLs.
The Production Engineering team at Animal Logic needs your SQL skills to keep up with the creation and delivery of our growing slate of animated feature films. You'll be involved in many parts of our business, including digital asset management, production tracking, task scheduling for rendering and distributed data synchronization across our studios.
Join our high-caliber team and help world class artists live their best creative life, saving them from worrying about overflowing IDs and connection pools. You'll need an eye for detail, be a clear communicator and have a consistent, systemic approach to problem solving.
Our creative environment welcomes techies who are inventive, communicative and enjoy being part of a team. We hope you have a genuine interest in the whole process of movie making, but you do not need to have a background in this industry. We'll provide technical training and mentorship to prepare you for the movie making journey.
This role would suit a recent graduate.
What you'll get to do:
• Gather requirements from movie production stakeholders, such as producers, CG supervisors supervising TDs and collaborate with fellow Production Engineers
• Extract, transform and present data using in-house tools and SQL
• Configure our fancy digital asset management system
• Administer, extend and streamline access to production databases
• Monitor databases for scalability and performance
• Participate in database upgrades and migrations
• Diagnose and troubleshoot database issues
• Monitor database load with expected data growth and conduct performance tuning
• Perform preventative maintenance, document and recommend improvements
What you bring:
• Experience in manipulating database and query language experience e.g. SQL
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High attention to detail, initiative, and resourcefulness
• High service level management and application of change management principles
It would be amazing if you also had:
• Experience with Postgres databases in particular
• Experience in the computer graphics industry: games, TV and/or movies
• Familiarity managed databases like DynamoDB and AuroraDB
• Familiarity with monitoring tools like Zabbix, Grafana, OpenSearch
• Familiarity with reporting tools like Power BI • A Computer Science or Information Technology degree
What we offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio in sunny Sydney or downtown Vancouver!
• An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
• A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
• Exposure to a USD pipeline
• A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
• A flexible, hybrid work environment
• A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
• A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
• A variety of employee benefits including breakfast, use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada or Australia.
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roj484-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.